Ms. J.M.W.E van Loon, MSc
Delegate Supervisory Director
Marjan van Loon (25 December 1965) studied chemical engineering (graduated in 1989) at Eindhoven Technical University. She is a Delegate Supervisory Director of GasTerra.
In 1989, she took up a post of chemical technician at Shell. Since then she has held a number of positions at home and abroad. In the period 1997-2007, she was working in Australia as Technical Manager at the Karratha Gas Plant and in Malaysia as Regional Manager for LNG & Gas Processing. In 2007, she was appointed Global Manager for LNG and Gas Processing and from 2009 she was Vice President Integrated Gas and LNG. On 1 January 2016, she was appointed CEO of Shell Netherlands.
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Confederation of Netherlands Industry and Employers (VNO-NCW)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Association of the Dutch Petroleum Industry (VNPI)
- Chairman of the Dutch Board of Directors of the World Petroleum Congress
- Chairman of the Christiaan Huygens Prize Foundation
- Member of the Board of the Avond van Wetenschap en Maatschappij (Evening of Science and Society)
- Member of the Board of the Apeldoorn British-Dutch Dialogue Conference
- Member of the Advisory Board for the Clingendael Energy Programme (CIEP)